A variety of different types of negligence actions can lead to car accidents which can happen everyday but lead to a lifetime of struggles for victims injured in a car accident. For that reason, car accident victims should be familiar with what can commonly lead to a car accident and the different types of legal protections available to them when injured.
Causes of car accidents
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving – distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents and when drivers fail to pay attention on the roadways, it can be dangerous.
- Driving under the influence – driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of the most dangerous causes of car accidents.
- Reckless driving – driving aggressively can be careless and may lead to causing accidents on the road.
- Speeding – speeding is the second most common cause of car accidents and can also include when drivers fail to safely adjust their speeds to changing weather, roadway and traffic conditions.
- Weather – weather conditions can lead to dangerous roadway conditions and it is important to know how to safely drive on them or stay at home until the conditions pass.
- Red light running – red light running can lead to car accidents and serious liability for the driver who failed to fully stop at the red light.
- Tailgating – it is important to maintain a safe driving distance at all times to keep the driver and those around them safe while sharing the roadway.
There are a variety of other dangerous and negligent behaviors that can lead to car accidents. Personal injury legal protections are a resource for car accident victims to be familiar with that can lead to the recovery of the victim’s physical, financial and emotional damages from the negligent driver who harmed them.